Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter and Jacob Funny

Happy Easter! I love Easter... but especially this year... maybe because today more than ever before I am trying to help my kids understand what Easter is all about. I decided I really wanted to make it special... including a big dinner. Unless we are with family I usually skip the big holiday dinner. But I don't want to anymore. I want my boys to know Easter is a big deal! So I bought a ham and was are having all the good sides! This morning we woke up and the boys went on the hunt for their Easter eggs filled with candy. Both of them got a church-ish movie in their basket, like every year. This year we got them The Prince of Egypt and Joseph King of Dreams. For breakfast Luis made delicious eggs and black beans and I made resurrection rolls with the boys. We got the idea from Kaylee. I love it and we are going to make it a tradition. The boys enjoyed the process of making the rolls. You take a Marshmallow to represent Jesus and roll it in butter (oils that they used on his body) and rolled it in cinnamon (spices they put in the tomb). Then you wrap the marshmallow in a crescent roll and seal it up (The linens they wraped his body in. Bake them in the oven (tomb) and whan you take them out and open up the roll... it's empty... the marshmallow melted... Jesus is gone, because he was resurrected. I went over the Easter story as we did them. I think Jackson understood for the most part. Kaylee's blog has good pictures! I really enjoyed Sacrament meeting today! Really great lessons about the Atonement and Easter.

YUM! I don't know how he makes eggs so much better than me!
My handsome boys on Easter Morning!
So... the Jacob funny. I was making dinner just now... specifically the pigs in blanket that Luis requested. And as I was wrapping the mini hot dogs in the crescent rolls Jake came up and said "Mom, the hot dogs are going to be gone?" He thought the hot dogs were going to disappear like the marshmallows! I think I can count that as a lesson learned, haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute that Jacob thought the hot dogs would disappear! :) sounds like you guys had a fun Easter!