Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Jackson's big owie

Luis has the camera with him in DC, so I can't take a picture for you! I was on the computer and Jax was playing video games when I heard a huge crash in the living room. It sounded like something fell on the coffee table. Well, something did... it was Jackson. He came running to me screaming and holding his ear. It looked awful after I was finally able to pry his hand away from his ear. His ear literally turned purple and swollen right before my eyes! He had a perfectly horizontal cut all across his ear and cheek. I think he was walking on the couch and fell and just hit the side of his head right on the edge of the table. Ouch. It sounded bad and it looked bad. I thought he might need stitches but I got an ice pack and after the swelling went down it doesn't look that bad. I am surprised he let me put ice on it. He hates that but this time I think it gave some immediate relief. Jacob was a big helper and got Jackson's pillow so he could lay in my lap while I put ice on his ear. We turned on Wall-E and eventually Jax calmed down. It was nice to hold him again... it's been a long time since he has wanted to cuddle. It looks funny now, with one ear larger than the other. I wish I had my camera. He is toughing it out and I think he thought it was cool that he didn't have to wear his glasses after that!

No comments: