Saturday, April 6, 2013

Backpacks for the boys

I've mentioned before how we are putting a lot of energy and effort into preparedness lately. So far we had Luis and I each with a backpack that included our stuff and the boys. We decided last week that the boys should each have their own pack. We found good backpacks (originally $30) on clearance at JC Penney for $10. (I bought one for school for Jax too! Great deal!) So we got each of them a backpack that they can use as their emergency pack. It now holds a change of clothes, bathroom items, glow sticks, water and snacks. I also threw in a Hot Wheels car... for fun! The boys are so excited to have their own packs! They each got a whistle to put in the pack and we let them pick out a flashlight. Jake chose black and Jax chose red. It was really fun for them. And I am excited too... It is really fun to explain what they use each item for and show them how to use it. They understand that the whistle is to be used if they are ever lost or need to call to someone. They know how to use the flashlight which has different settings- normal, red light, flashing light, SOS. We also filled up our 5th gas can today to add to our gasoline storage.  It is just a huge relief to know that we are prepared for almost anything... whether we are staying in our house or if we have to get up and go in a hurry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Great deal on the backpacks!! I have little ones for our boys. I should probably buy bigger ones. I need to get their clothes updated too!! I'm glad you guys are doing so great with this!!