Friday, January 20, 2012

Dave's retirement ceremony

Dave is finally retired!!! Mom can give you more info about the official details but all I know is he had a great ceremony! We are very proud of him. It was great to be there and hear about all of his accomplishments. It was like I was learning about a stranger! I didn't know any of it... that's how little Dave has talked about his work the entire time I've known him! He has definitely accomplished great things for our country, that's for sure. It was great to hear how much his team loves him. I saw several full grown men get teared up and emotional. It was very sweet. (So did Mom, but that's no surprise... the surprise is that she didn't start bawling!!!) We weren't allowed to bring in phones or cameras so they had a photographer and we will hopefully have pictures from the ceremony on Monday. I'm sure Mom will post those on her blog :) After the ceremony I picked up the kids from a friends house and we all went to Fazoli's. Dave and the boys shared a pizza, Ethan and I got subs and mom got a salad and pasta! It was great! Oh, and during the ceremony Dave gave Mom and I flowers... we had to get u in front of everyone to receive them. They smell so good and are beautiful! Anyway, it was a great experience and I was happy to be a part of it. The only bad thing is that Luis wasn't here with us!!


No comments: