Thursday, January 5, 2012

New project and new room!!!

This is my next project! I am going to make a throw quilt for our couch... if we ever get our couch out of storage :) The picture in the magazine is the design, but it is a king size pattern so I am taking off the outside zig-zag borders to make it a throw size. I am really excited to do this... it is a little more challenging than the pot holders, and even Jackson's quilt. I am using the fabrics in my picture, so the color scheme will match my brown and tan couch :) I have all the fabric cut so pretty soon I will start piecing it together!



The missionaries moved out yesterday and we moved right into the basement where they were living! It is wonderful and there is so much space. We had been staying in one of the bedrooms upstairs, but it was very cramped. We can hear Ethan getting ready for school at 7am... which is the only downside... I think it woke the boys up this morning and definitely Luis. (I sleep through anything except a crying baby.) Hopefully soon Luis will have a job that has him up earlier than Ethan anyways! We haven't moved everything downstairs yet, but this is the basic layout!


3 comments:

Kaylee said...

That quilt looks nice but really hard! I could never do something like that! That's so awesome that you have more space now!

Anonymous said...

That's great that you have more room now!! How long are you going to stay? I really want to come visit while you're there. I was thinking April. Are you thinking of staying there permanently if Luis can find a job?

Aubry said...

Thats awesome you have a lot more room now! They should have moved out sooner!! That quilt looks awesome! What do I have to do to have your mom make me one of those awesome blankets?!:)