Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thank You

I dropped Luis off at the airport yesterday morning at 5:30. He is in Wisconsin until Saturday for a health screening event. It was 16 degrees outside when I left the airport. As I was driving home I saw a homeless man walking down the street with a big garbage bag over his shoulder. Just walking... I just couldn't comprehend living outside in this kind of weather. It made me so sad for him. Since I saw him I have been thinking about that a lot. I am so grateful for all the support Luis and I have received the last year or so. We have been going through hard times financially, and I know that is how people end up on the street. If it wasn't for such supportive parents, who knows where Luis and I and our boys would be. I just want to say thank you to all our parents. You have provided so much for us and we are very grateful. Thank you for listening when I just needed to vent my frustrations about life. Thank you for helping me remain faithful and looking forward to better times. Thank you to our friends and cousins and sisters and brothers who also supported Luis and I in so many ways. We want you to know that we love you all very much!

Please pray for us this weekend. Luis has 2 job interviews on Monday and we are hoping they produce something... fast! If you would like to join us, we are having a family fast on Sunday for that reason! I know that God has a plan for us and that things will work out in His time. In the meantime, Luis and I often contemplate the lessons we have learned while going through our trials the past few years. We are excited about our future and hope it comes quickly :)

No comments: