Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Quilting semi-success!

I am finished piecing together the top of Aubry's quilt. We had a few bumps in the road, but it is done! It was definitely a learning experience... except we don't know for sure what the cause of our stumbling block was... I just designed the back of the quilt and can't wait to get sewing! It is super cute and I hope Aubry will love the finished product! Sorry, still no pictures until I send it to her. Don't want to ruin the surprise.

Luis and I both started working. He started at the car dealership yesterday and had a lot of fun getting paid to test drive cars :) It's a pretty nice set up but long hours. He is still waiting to hear back from the other company. Keep us in your prayers. I started my training at the YMCA today as the Fitness Coordinator. I am really going to enjoy the job... It is still hard for me to be away from the kids. I feel guilty being there instead of with them... but I know we really need it. Thank you, Mom, for helping out with the boys and allowing us both to work. Within a few months they are probably going to send me to get my personal training certification so I can get a few more hours doing that. I will be working M-F 4-8pm. It does feel good to contribute though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt! And I'm glad you guys both have jobs! Good luck with Luis' other job! I hope he gets it! You're in our prayers!

Aubry said...

Thats awesome you both started working!! The boys will understand when they are older you needed to work. Thats so nice they can be with their grandma!