Sunday, January 15, 2012

My quilting obsession

I think I'm addicted. Now if only I had more time to myself without kids wanting attention and more money to buy fabric! I really enjoy quilting but at the same time it is frustrating :) I wish I was learning faster but Certain parts of it are still difficult for me... however, I am proud to say that my stitches are pretty darn straight! The other day had a frustrating moment. I was working on Aubry's quilt and was so excited because I was finally going to sew all the rows together... the last step to finishing the quilt top. I stitched 3 whole panels and then realized the settings were off! So the stitches were really loose... some little fingers had been messing with Grandma's sewing machine! So I had to tear out the stitches on the entire length of the quilt for 3 whole rows!!!! (that's a lot!) Very frustrating. Anyway, I redid it all and now I am on my way to being finished again. Annoyed about the wasted time but hey, at least I got more practice right? I like that I will be able to make things for people... that I can give meaningful gifts! I am actually developing a useful talent! It's worth the frustration that is involved! So, unless otherwise stated... for my birthday this year all I want is JoAnn's Fabrics gift cards... because once my mom leaves town with her fabric stash I won't have any! :) And I'd like to keep up this wonderful, yet expensive, habit!

1 comment:

Aubry said...

Love your post but you should really post some pictures! Just saying :)