Monday, January 2, 2012

New Job and Family History!

So....... I have a job! Surprise! Las week Luis and I went to the YMCA to get a guest membership. I asked, kind of randomly, if they were hiring and they told me one position that was very interesting to me! I worked with the Y in college so I figured it would be an easy in... especially since I have about 6 years of health/fitness work experience. I had my interview this morning... it lasted less than 5 minutes and he offered me the job :) I am excited because I will be the Fitness Center Coordinator, which is similar to what I have done in the past, but with a little more responsibility... I will be supervising the fitness staff! That's new for me :) I will be working 4-8pm Mon-Friday. I can add hours to my schedule if I want, so they are pretty flexible with me. I love it. It also takes of a little stress while we wait for Luis to find a job. He has an interview on Friday that he is pretty excited about. We will let you know any news on his end.

Another exciting thing that happened- I have been working on the Paulos family history and I am loving it. It is so interesting to learn names and places and all that. (I have also been working on Dave's family history as of yesterday and he already has tons of names ready to take to the temple and has even linked into a family tree back to the 1400s!!!) So, in my search for Jeannette Ella Stene, Grandpa Paulos' mother, I found a post on ancestry.com from someone also searching for relatives of Jeannette. I replied and just got a response!!! She has TONS of information, even records going back to Norway!!! She is so nice and totally willing to give me anything I want to know! I have heard stories of people finding relatives and how it helped move the geneology work along! I never thought it would happen to me! I can't wait to get all the info from her! What a blessing! If any of you want to start an account at new.familysearch.org you can link in with me and have all this info! Wish me luck in my search!

2 comments:

Liz Ricker said...

Congrats on the new job! I am so proud of you guys! Hope you love it and that you guys are having such a good time back together now:) Your pics are so cute from Christmas! Wish we could see each other! Love you guys

Aubry said...

Thats awesome you got a job! Sounds like something fun!! That means Luis will have to put the boys down to bed but at least you will get all day with them!! Good luck on the family history! I really need to start doing that!