Monday, October 1, 2012

Big boys!!!

Daddy and Jackson got flu shots on Saturday. I am a big believer in immunizations! It is free with our insurance... so why not!? And for those of you who doubt... it is scientifically impossible to get the flu from an inactivated flu shot. It's a dead virus, it can't cause disease! You may feel a little under the weather because your body has kicked into gear to make antibodies... but you don't have the flu. And if you do get the flu during the season, it's a different strain! Or simply the common cold that you are mistaking for the flu! Ok, I'm done with my rant! I got my shot a few weeks ago, but Jackson was freaking out so I decided we needed to wait until Luis was with us. So we went to Walmart and got the shots Saturday. Luis got his first and Jackson was very nervous for him. He was crying just at the thought, but we kept telling him to be tough and he can play Cars afterwards. He sat on Daddy's lap and was crying, but trying so hard to be tough. It was over before he knew it and he got a smiley face band aid. He has been reminding me ever since then that he is a big boy and he is good at getting shots :) A little Jacob funny... he is very skinny. He is tall though. This is a problem. Most pants now have the adjustable waist but some of the older hand me downs dont. So we were walking into walmart and a lady stopped Luis and said "Excuse me, your son's pants are around his ankles." Haha, yes they were! And his woody and buzz underwear was in full view! :) So after shots we went straight to childrens and bought him a belt :) Which he loves!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Why didn't Jacob tell you about his falling down pants? So funny! And boy is Jackson a big boy. I am impressed.

Anonymous said...

Jonas still hates shots! He got his flu shot a couple weeks ago and when the nurse said she was giving him one he started BALLING!! I'm glad Jackson got threw it!:) Haha about Jacob's pants!:)