Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blogger's Quilt Festival Entry

Amy's Creative Side
As such a new quilter it is intimidating to even post with some of the bloggers I follow! They are so amazing! But it is inspirational! I have been quilting for a year now. I am submitting my favorite quilt in my short quilting career!
I made this throw for my own couch and am so pleased with how it turned out! It was quite a process. I started out with brown, navy, white and red fabrics but after cutting them all and laying it out... it just wasn't what I was going for! That's when I saw the gorgeous turqouis fabric at my neighbor's quilt shop. It fit perfectly! Just what I had in mind. This was also my first time quilting with half-square triangles and it was so fun! There are a lot of imprefections but I was really surprised by how many corners actually met up! I was running out of fabric for the back but I was able to fit every last scrap in to make it just the right size! I really enjoyed creating the back for this quilt. My friend, Carol Burkhalter, offered to quilt it on her computerized long arm and it turned out better than I could ever imagine! It is beautiful, thanks to her great quilting designs. So there you have it, my favorite quilt in 1 year of quilting! Hope you all like it! And I apologize for the poor photography :)
Quilt Details -Pieced by Me -Quilted by Carol Burkhalter -Quilt measures 58x58 -Best Category: Throw quilt, Professionally quilted

3 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Beautiful quilt, but your quilting...!! Incredible.

Anonymous said...

I love that one too!! I think the back looks great!!:)

Unknown said...

You are so talented. You're an artist that uses cloth as your medium. I want one please!