Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

I really wanted to feel the holiday spirit! It's never too early for Luis and me. We are already listening to Christmas music. I decided on Saturday to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. I used a recipe I found online. I was expecting a lot of pumpkin flavor so when I tried one, I thought it was a little bland. I would have also liked it to be a little sweeter. A friend on facebook recommended a super easy recipe. (1 box of spice cake mix, 1 can of pumpkin, chocolate chips!) I am going to attempt that recipe this weekend. I am hoping it's a little sweeter since it uses a cake mix. This is the one I used. Ingredients: 1 cup canned pumpkin 1 cup white sugar 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1 egg 2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons baking powder 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon milk 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) Directions: 1.Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well. 2.Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts. 3.Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm. ---Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of my cookies... the boys are! Jackson and Jake devoured them! He asks me for one every 5 minutes! I am totally surprised! I thought he wouldn't go for them! It makes me really happy! Here's a pic of the boys enjoying their cookies... and Jake giving you a great view!

1 comment:

Liz Ricker said...

I have a picture of Alan doing the same thing as Jacob. hmmm....
And please feel free to perfect your cookie making skills whilst at our house!:)