Friday, October 12, 2012

Jacob's Quilt

I finished Jacob's quilt... I asked Jacob what he wanted the town name to be and he said Jacob, so his quilt is now called Jacobtown. :) I still have to sew on a label but other than that, I washed it and it's completely done. He loves it. I made it twin size so it is big on his toddler bed. But that's ok, I can just fold it in half this winter.
I quilted the chevron pattern on the upper and lower half of the quilt (Stitched in the ditch) and one through the center of each chevron. I did this part on my own machine.
It's probably hard to see, but I outlined each of the buildings and the roads on Chris' long arm. I used green thread so it would blend in with the grass... and I'm thankful that I did because it was very hard! I thought it would be so easy, but turns out, when you are trying to trace someting it's easier to see your mistakes! There are a lot of them! I would rather do a meander or make up a swirly design on my own over this!
And here is proof that Color Catchers work! That is a clean, unused sheet next to the one I pulled out of the washer with Jacobtown!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You decided to do the chevron pattern!! YAY! It turned out great! I love it!! And Jacobtown is SO CUTE!! I'm sure he LOVES it!:) Great job Rachelle!!