Saturday, August 6, 2011

Doesn't Jackson look like a little model in this picture. Too bad the railing is in the way! Silvia and Lew bought the boys church outfits. They were on clearance for only $5 for all 3 pieces. Jake has one too, but I didn't have him try it on. Jackson is wearing a size 5... I can't believe it fits him, just a little big!




Funny thing happened today. I took the boys outside this morning and Alsatian wanted to be played with, of course, because he is seriously neglected :) Poor dog doesn't have anyone to play with now that Cindy is gone... and my boys are only outside for about an hour before we die of heat stroke! Anyway, Alsatian rolled over so I could scratch his belly and after a minute or so of doing that, Jake ran up to us, lifted up his shirt to show his tummy, and laid down on the cement right next to Alsatian! It was too cute. So I rubbed his belly and he loved it. HE got up and after going only a few steps he laid down again for another scratch. This repeated over and over!

Ok, on to exciting news. RMS, the company that Luis had the phone interview with on Tuesday, called last night and said that the owner and CEO want to fly Luis out to LA on Friday next week for an interview!!! So, it's very exciting that they are that interested, but scary that this is the only lead so far and I really don't want to go back to LA. If they offer a job I really hope it is in San Diego! I have butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it. I commented last night that since God has a sense of humor, they say... it would make sense for him to send us back to the place we just left :) "Just" being almost 3 years ago, but still! Maybe this is our chance to prove that we have learned the lessons we needed to learn during our struggles the past few years. Either way, I am so thankful to have at least an option! And of course, we are still looking forward to Luis' phone interview with University of Pheonix on Wednesday. Luis is going to call up MATT construction and tell them that he will be in the area on Friday, you know, if they want him to stop by ;) Wish us luck and keep the prayers coming!

1 comment:

Drees009 said...

I got an alumni e-mail today that I wanted to make sure came your way...

Good morning, CM Faculty and Alumni!

Br. Nielsen received an email from Scott Thompson, one of our alumni, informing him of some job openings for Project Engineers with Skanska (Beaverton, Oregon office). If interested, applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Scott Thompson at scott.thompson@skanska.com or to Jonathan Stimson, Human Resources representative, at jonathan.stimson@skanska.com.

The position is also posted on Career Navigator, ID# 25859.