Monday, August 1, 2011

Luis told me that last week when he and Jax were driving to church, he was singing along to the music. Well, at one point, Jackson said, "Don't sing Dad" or something along those lines... and when Luis told him he was going to keep singing becuase he likes to sing... Jackson continued with the "no, don't sing Dad!" I thought that was pretty funny... Jackson never says that to me ;)

Update on the job search... we have applied to a few local jobs and many out-of-state jobs. So if we get responses the odds are that we will be leaving the Valley, which is sad but exciting. Luis has an phone interview next week with the University of Phoenix for a position as an enrollment advisor. He will be following up with a lot of the companies this week. In Brownsville, an hour away, he applied to be manager at Gold's Gym (fitness experience not necessary) so I thought that one was pretty cool :) Also, he applied to Kiewit a very LARGE construction company, for a job they are doing in ALASKA!!! After he applied, I looked at a map and freaked out a little. I had no idea how FAR it is! I thought it was right next to Washington... I'm apparantly not the best with geography, especially considering up until a few years ago I literally thought Alaska was an island... the Weger's still make fun of me for that one. Anyway... if we get the Alaska job we will pretty much be a whole country away from everyone... He has applied for a few jobs in California, some in Austin and San Antonio, Utah, Reno, Washington and here in McAllen. I am so nervous about it all... which is weird because when he was graduating from college he had so many job offers so I know he is highly qualified. But unemployment is higher now and there are more candidates... but also, in college, companies were fighting each other for Luis to pick them... he had so many companies flying him out to see them and interview... now he is fighting a bunch of other people for the company to pick him... total role reversal and I think that's why I'm a little anxious about it. Please pray that we will find something... sooner rather than later would be nice :)

1 comment:

Aubry said...

Thats awesome he is applying for a bunch of jobs! Im praying for you!