Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Family Pictures

A few months ago Luis purchased a portrait package from a local photographer on Groupon. I think it was for Mother's Day. We had the session today finally and it was so stressful. Getting ready was horrible because we just didn't have the right things to wear. We would decide on one thing and then find something wrong with it! We wanted to do white shirts and jeans, but after many changes we ended up doing formal pics with all 3 boys in their suits! Jax fell asleep in the car on the way there... big mistake! I knew he would wake up grumpy, he always does when he sleeps in the car. So he was fussy when we got there... he cried and cried and sat off to the side crying while we all tried to cheer him up so we could get on with it! I think he was also scared off all the equipment around. Kind of a funky environment to walk into. Eventually Daddy got him to laugh by busting out "tickle hands"! From there on out he was fine and when his attention started to wander, we bribed him with ice cream :) Jake was totally fine behavior-wise but that kid refused to smile! I think we will really be lucky if the photographer got even 1 shot of him smiling! He was just so serious the whole time. We are going back next week to see the pictures so I am sure he is doing some editing. I'm really excited to see them. We only get 1 pose because I don't want to spend any extra money beyond what Luis paid for on Groupon. We will probably archive the pics though if we like a lot of them, so we can order them when we have more money! I will post the pic when we get it. Love you all!

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

Hopefully this works. I can't wait to see your family picture!! I love groupon, but I've never actually bought anything from them. I'm hoping to learn a little more about photography and then take our own family pics with my camera.