Thursday, August 25, 2011

Jackson needs glasses!

It's true! Last week Silvia made a connection that Luis and I really hadn't had click for us. Jackson always squints/closes his left eye when he is looking at things close up. He has done this for months and we noticed it, but never thought "hey, maybe he should see an eye doctor..." Well, When Silvia suggested it, it clicked and we made an appt. He also does this freaky thing where he turns his left eyeball completely sideways when he looks at something close. The dr said that was normal, I just think Jackson takes it to an extreme :) I wanted Luis to come with us to the dr to help control Jackson but he had only 3 hrs of sleep the last night and was not feeling well. So it was all me! Jackson FREAKS out at any doctor's office. Even the mention of a doctor, completely unrelated to him and he freaks out. So, I tried bribing him with fruit snacks and ice cream and it was still a disaster. For the most part. He calmed down at the end... still whined and asked for hugs every 5 seconds, but the doctor was able to get the job done. He needs glasses, with the Rx in the left eye worse than the right, kind of expected that!

It was so funny to see him in glasses. We tried on many and I feel that they are very biased towards girls... there were so many cute glasses for girls, but boys had VERY few choices. I got the cheap ones the insurance would cover because there is no way I am spending money on glasses for a 3 year old that will probably destroy them every other week. The insurance will replace damaged glasses every 4 months... so scotch tape, duct tape, super glue, I don't care... they have to last at least 4 months! He won't get his glasses for a week, but when he does I will be sure to post pictures of my cute little four eyes :)

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

I can't wait to see! He's gonna look so cute!