Friday, August 19, 2011

Family Home Evening

For about a month we have been finally having Family Home Evening. We do it on Sunday nights because on Monday's we feed the missionaries and they do laundry and sometimes Silvia and Danny have to go to Ward FHE, so it is pretty chaotic on Mondays. Sundays also works for us because it is just me, Luis and the boys that are home, so it feels more like we are our own little family again. I can already tell a difference in the boys. The first week they were totally wild and wouldn't sit still. Now they will sit and listen, with gentle reminders of course. It feels so good to be doing this. It is so important when it comes down to teaching the kids the gospel, and our lessons are usually very short, about 3-5 minutes. But it sticks with them. Jackson has learned about kneeling to pray, he knows our prophets name, he knows about eternal families and temples... all from FHE. It also gives us a chance to practice the songs he is learning in Primary. I regret that I waited so long to get started but I am glad we did. Hopefully it will help him behave well in Primary, getting practice sitting through lessons at home. Any ideas for activities we can do with 2 toddlers? There really aren't enough of us to play duck duck goose... which is what we playes when I was at home... remember Ethan? We played that almost every week for you! Anyways, it just feels like we are one step closer to raising our boys right.

On another note, I cut Luis' hair last night! A while ago we bought clippers so we could save money on haircuts. I have always done the boys' hair, but 2 years ago I attempted to cut Luis' and it was really bad. I just buzz Jackson's and I use the scissors for Jake... but Luis gets this fade thing done, which is the hard part. Well, I got brave and decided that since we might be moving to an area where haircuts are no longer just $5, I really should get some practice in. Worst case I could just buzz his hair, right? :) Well, it actually turned out normal. I will post a picture later to prove it. I was proud of myself... With a little more practice I think I will get pretty good at it.

1 comment:

Aubry said...

Thats awesome you are doing FHE!! We really need to so we can be in the habit when we have kids. God job cutting his hair!