Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Surprise Interview

Luis got a voicemail last night that a company wanted a phone interview with him today. I'm so glad he checked his messages! The interview was with RMS construction which is based out of Westminster, CA... just outside of LA. So, not ideal location in my mind, but it is a project engineer position and Luis said the interview went very well. Luis is great at interviews, he is very personable and everyone loves him. They didn't specify what job he would be working on, because they do jobs all the way from Malibu to San Diego, so I'm hoping that if they send a job offer they will be more specific. We want to live very close to the job site to avoid all the driving through LA traffic. (I'm praying it's not in Malibu... cuz I don't know ANYWHERE cheap enough for us nearby!) Thankfully though, when they asked Luis what kind of salary he wanted he told them he needs to start making at LEAST what he was making when he left MATT construction. There's no way we can make it in CA with less. Well, let me rephrase... we could make it, but there's no way we will accept a job that pays less than what he used to make in CA. I don't want to leave one stressful situation for another! I'm hoping he gets a lot more phone calls and a lot more interviews soon... but he just submitted the application to RMS this past weekend, so getting an interview so quickly brought back some of my confidence that, you know what, Luis is a great candidate for these types of jobs!

3 comments:

Aubry said...

There needs to be a like button for posts! Thats awesome! I hope he gets a position here. Just live in San Diego by us and he can commute!!

Kaylee said...

Yay! That's so cool he got an interview so quick!! I hope he gets it!

dad pete said...

I'm so excited for the 4 of you! Keep u in our thoughts