Thursday, August 11, 2011

Off to San Antonio

In a few hours we are leaving for San Antonio. He has to fly out of that airport (4 hrs away) for his interview in California. He will only be there for a 1 hour interview and they are going to drop him right back off at the airport and he will come home! It's crazy that he will only be there for such a short amount of time considering how expensive the ticket is! But the company was willing to do it, so it's pretty exciting. I will be driving with him and we are going to stay overnight because he has to be at the airport at 5am tomorrow. I am going to spend the morning catching up on sleep and then go to the temple for most of the day. His plane gets in at 11:45pm and I have to drive the 4 hours home! Not looking forward to that, but I'm sure there will be plenty to talk about :) Oh, about the temple, I am really excited to be going, but it's not a good sign when you pull your temple bag out of the closet and have to dust it off... I think the last time I went was Aubry's wedding. That makes me really sad to think about but if we get this job in CA we can go all the time!

Luis had a phone interview yesterday with the University of Phoenix. He will find out in 3-5 days if he is moving forward. He said he did ok in the interview, but that overall he just didn't feel that great about it. I don't know if he means the interview, or the job in general. Apparantly there isn't much opportunity for career advancement, which is a big deal for him. So we will see, it could be a nice back up if none of the construction companies work out. (Thanks for the lead with Skanska, Shannon! He submitted his resume yesterday.) We are just excited to move forward. He has only been looking for work for 2 weeks or so and I am already sick of it!

Jake got his 18 month shots this week and he was such a tough guy. He didn't even cry for the first one, just made a pouty face. He cried for the second one but not that bad. He has to go back for one more in a month, because it has to be exactly six months after the previous dose, and I got his 12 month shots 1 month late... That would have been nice to know before I spent 2 hours of my life in that clinic... I would have waited to do them all at the same time. There needs to be enough time in between doctor's visits for the kids to forget what happens there... now Jake will probably end up being terrified of the doctor like Jax is.

Ok, gotta finish packing. Wish us luck! I mean, wish Luis luck... I'm just waiting around.

No comments: