Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Love my boys!

Jackson has been saying some pretty cute things lately. Last night while we were out, Silvia bought Jax and Jake each a little school bus toy. At bedtime, this was Jax's prayer "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for my school bus. Thank you for Jacob's school bus. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I couldn't help but laugh. He definitely has the gratitude down pat! It was also funny the other day when Jax found a dead bug. He apparantly was confusing information because he said "Mom, the bug is dead. He was nailed to the cross." !!!!! We have taught him about Jesus, of course, and somehow that information transfered to this bug. :) I reminded him that is was Jesus who died on the cross, and he was fine with that!

We just watched Mars Needs Moms. (spoiler) It was very cute but a little heavy for kids in my opinion. It has a happy ending, but at one point the boys mom dies... in a really dramatic way. All of us adults were almost in tears and I can't really imagine how kids would react. Still, it had a great message and like I said, a happy ending.

We are still waiting to hear about the job in CA. Hopefully today we will know one way or the other!

1 comment:

Liz Ricker said...

Keep me posted! But really... you should post as soon as you know:) I love reading your blog. Promise I will be better at mine. Love you guys