Monday, July 26, 2010

Learning experience

Jacob is such a spoiled baby! It's true, and taking him to CA just made it worse because he was never on his own! His sleep schedule has been all messed up lately and I am trying to get it back to normal. So, the only way to do that, let him cry it out in his crib so he learns I am not going to rock him to sleep anymore. Saturday night I put Jax to bed first. Then after a while I put Jake down in his crib and he was quiet... for a while. Eventually he started crying... and it didn't stop. I felt bad because Luis and I didn't know how Jax could sleep through that, but Jax wasn't making a sound. After about 45 minutes of Jake crying, we all of a sudden heard Jax scream at the top of his lungs, the most frustrated scream I have ever heard! (About 5 minutes before that Luis made a comment like "I wonder if Jax ever gets frustrated when the baby cries and he can't sleep") I guess Jax wanted to make it clear for is. So I immediately ran upstairs and apologized to Jax and took Jacob out of the room. I put him in the playpen in our room and he rolled over and fell almost right to sleep!!! (what the heck?) Luis thinks maybe he was too cold in his room or something but we aren't sure. We checked the A/C and it wasn't blowing into his crib. Anyways, it was an exhausting night. My allergies have been really bad cuz I didn't take my pills at all while I was in CA and it totally caught up with me now that I am back! Today is the first day I am actually feeling better.

Also, I am so thankful that Becky is ok! She is coming home tomorrow from BYU-I. On Saturday she was driving from Rexburg to Utah to stay with some friends and she lost control of the Rodeo and it flipped 3 times (or so I've been told). Thank goodness she was wearing her seatbelt, Silvia all she had was a scratch on her hand. They are trying to figure out what happened to the car to make it swerve out of control... they think maybe something wasn't right with the tires that Becky just had repaired. We should find out more today. Either way, the Lord was definitely watching out for her! We love you Becky!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I hate getting babies to learn to put themselves to sleep. That's one of the things I'm not looking forward to with this new one! We have been past that stage for so long I don't know what we'll do. LOL Good luck with it and keep to it!