Monday, July 5, 2010

We had a fun fourth of July. Well, a fun third of July! Saturday night we went over to our good friend's the Lyons. We had pizza and the kids played in the pool for a while. They bought some fireworks and we watched from the driveway. Jackson was so scared! We knew he would be... from last year, but Luis held him and he eventually settled down. It turns out while we were doing fireworks in the street, we had an awesome view of the fireworks show the city was doing! A perfect view! It was so much fun! I have been so desperate to hang out with friends lately, so this was a life-saver for me. I feel like such a castaway since moving out to the Silvia and Lew's house! It is so far from my friends and it feels like such a chore to go into town! So I really enjoyed hanging out! And it was good for Jackson to burn some energy with their 5 kids. The only downside... my feet were eaten up by mesquitos... not fun.

So Jackson ruined my experiment. Lately, Jake has been waking up at 4-6am needing to eat. So he gets a bottle and goes back to bed. It's frustrating because he has always slept through the night! Jackson never woke up like this. But when I go get him out of his crib I can hear his little tummy growling. Poor thing. So I am officially feeding him solids now. I tried to do an experiment, like I said, last night. I fed him a bowl of rice cereal with pears at 8 followed by almost 8 oz of mild. I put pants on him so he wouldn't be cold from the A/C. I did everything I could to make sure he wouldn't wake up early. Well... around 6 Jax comes into my room! I hear his tummy growling and so I get him a poptart :) and juice and we sat on the kitchen floor together while he ate. It was a cute moment, but annoying that it was happening at 6am! When I put him back to bed, Jake was awake... RUINED EXPERIMENT. I don't know if Jax woke up Jake or if Jake woke up Jax. I guess we will try again tonight!

Ok, there is a houseful of people downstairs that I need to go hang out with while learning how to make pazole (a mexican soup). The Hernandez family... and extended family... is here. Yay! I get to practice my spanish!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun 4th celebration. We put the kids to bed normal time and didn't do anything. LOL Oh, well.

Good luck with getting Jake to sleep in! I hate it when they wake up so early!! Brynny wakes up at 6am every morning. Luckily, most mornings Mark is already awake so I send Brynnan down to him:)