Sunday, July 4, 2010

Well, still no news about the job yet... still waiting for that phone call.

Lately, I have loved cooking homemade soups. I made a homemade chicken noodle soup a few weeks ago and Luis loved it! So I made it again tonight! It's one of the few things that I actually enjoy cooking! And a few weeks ago Mom told me about Goodhousekeeping's Amazing Soup Diet to help Luis lose weight. I really enjoyed making that as well! Probably because it really doesn't take that much talent! And it's healthy! Jackson loves soup also! He does make funny faces at the carrots though :) If you have any good soup recipes, please send them to me!

The bad news... I think our camera is officially dead. Not just batteries, the whole camera. We have known for a while that it was going out. It was acting all funny and turning off at random times and the buttons don't work all the time and the lens freaks out and goes on the fritz every now and then. The camera is over 6 years old. Luis got it when he got home from his mission. Is that a good life expectancy for a camera? It was a Sony Cybershot. Well, the next camera we get will probably be a nice one like Megan's... just not so advanced. Maybe I will copy Alan's Christmas present for Liz last year and get Luis the one he wants this year. If he's a good boy, of course! This just means that you guys won't get to see many pictures of my beautiful boys! I will keep trying to use the camera, but no promises, it is seriously messed up.

I made a discovery tonight. Jackson goes to bed 100x better if he plays with Luis for a while before bed. I think having some Daddy time calms him down and makes him feel satisfied enough to go to bed without a fight. Luis is so cute with the boys! He is such a good Daddy. Jax and Jake just love him and I see a long future of wrestling and bruises and fun for Luis and his boys!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope some new comes soon! That would be so hard waiting!! I'm glad you're getting into cooking soups. Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we'll do that. We need to eat healthy and lose weight!

Hope you get that camera soon! I hate not seeing pictures!! That's so great that Luis spends time with Jax before bed. The boys love wrestling with Mark! It's so much fun!!:)

Kaylee said...

I love homemade chicken noodle soup. I make it almost every week! It's so easy and so yummy!!Luckily, my boys love carrots!

And I'm so jealous about getting a new camera! I want a fancy one too!!