Friday, July 2, 2010

Made-up apple crisp recipe results

Ok, Megan brought to my attention that the 2 videos are the same. My bad. I will try and fix that this afternoon.

So, I got an apple crisp recipe from Food Network. It sounded pretty similar to Grandma's. Problem #1- we had no brown sugar... so I decided to use regular sugar instead :) Problem #2- we had no cinnimon, only cinnimon sugar. So I used that. I found out after it was in the oven, when Silvia woke up, that we did have both brown sugar and cinnimon. One was in food storage the other was in a cupboard that I totally forgot about. So I sprinkled it with real cinnimon when it got out of the oven. We used Silvia's canned apples and it turned out ok, but you can definitely tell the difference. Nothing beats fresh Granny Smith!

Anyways, Megan called me halfway through my culinary disaster with Grandma's recipe so I combined what I had already done with Grandma's. Like I said, it turned out fine, we all ate it and enjoyed it. BUT... we all knew it wasn't "just right"!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was still eatable!!:) I guess next time you'll know where everything is and you'll have the perfect apple crisp:)

Kaylee said...

I love apple crisp! I have dad's recipe...I wonder if it's the same as Grandma's??? Last time I made it though, it wasn't as good as when Dad made it.