Saturday, May 21, 2011

Change in name...

No, not me... been there, done that :) I am looking for a new name for our blog. I'm growing tired of "Proud 2 be Weger"... not that I am not proud to be Weger, but I'm also just as proud to be Doty and Paulos, so I think I am searching for something else... seeing as how "Proud to be Weger, Doty, and Paulos" just doesn't look right :) Any suggestions?

Let's see... update... I don't have any more pictures lately... we need to do some fun stuff. We are going to be starting Joy School with a couple of friends. So far there are 3 of us and several more interested. I am excited about this! I remember being in Joy School when I was young and I think Jackson definitely needs the structure before he starts real school. On that note, I have put together a Good Behavior Chart for Jackson and it is almost finished. Once it is I will post a picture. It is kinda lame (I am SO not crafty!) but it gets the job done. I really hope to see a change in behavior. I am also starting a token behavior system for church. He has had a lot of trouble in his class and rarely makes it through without being brought out to me. This is a problem because I am in the Primary presidency and am doing sharing time or conducting almost every Sunday and Luis teaches Young Men's 3rd hour. So we have really been struggling with this. The theory behind the token system is you break up the class into little time slots, like 10 minute increments, which are easier for a child to handle. Jackson makes a goal for how many stickers he wants and after every 10 minutes, we evaluate his behavior and if he was good, he gets a sticker. At the end of church, if he met his sticker goal he gets a big reward. In our case, ice cream or watching a movie or something that Jax loves. We are starting this for the first time tomorrow, so I will let you all know how it goes. Obviously his teacher will have to be very involved. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Kaylee said...

I like the token system! But I don't think he should get a (extra) reward for good behavior. aren't the stickers a good enough reward for a kid? Jesse LOVES stickers! You probably shouldn't take advice from me though since I still don't know what to do with Bryan!

Oh and I keep meaning to ask you how the food thing worked out. Do you still do it and does he eat his food now? I've thought about trying something similar with Jesse.