Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Do you know what a dangling participle is?

This is a conversation that Luis and I had as we were getting in to bed last night... Oh, a little background. Luis has been reading a book on rhetoric and has been learning a lot about correct grammar. So, here's what we said.

Luis: Do you know what a dangling participle is?
Me: The little thing hanging in the back of your throat?
Luis: Ah, see now I think I have to go to the bathroom. (I guess he had been debating to go or not to go... like I needed to know that!)
Me: Well, what is it?
Luis: #2
Me: No, I meant the dangling participle!
Luis: OH!!!

TMI!!!! I couldn't stop laughing! And for those of you who wonder, a dangling participle is something like - "Running quickly down the hill, the trash can tripped the little girl."

Luis has been saying so many things lately that are just cracking me up! I am always reminded of how fun it was when we were dating and I'd come home from being with him and I just couldn't stop smiling... my cheeks seriously hurt from laughing so much. My roommate, Ashley, would always say "You were just with Luis weren't you? I can tell because of your smile!" According to all my roommates, that's how they knew we were "Gonners", as in, there was no chance we weren't going to end up together... because he made me so happy!

The other day I asked Luis to look thr ough the freezers to find some kale we would need for soup.I reminded him that it is a green leafy vegetable with kind of ruffled edges. He starts looking and pulls out this bag of some other type of green, unidentifiable leaf and says "Hey Rachelle, can we smoke this?" What?!?!?!? Out of his mouth that was just hilarious. I think I need to start a quote book of hilarious things he says! Ok, on to some pictures!


These are the baby chicks that Silvia had in the incubator a few months ago. There are about 30 there... I know it doesn't look like it. The boys were obsessed with them! It was so cute. They always wanted to look at them!

The other day we were about to go to the clinic and Jackson saw Luis' car magazine on the way out the door and begged to take it with him. So I let him and Jackson fell in love. He kept saying "That's a nice car!" He must have overheard Luis at one point. It was so cute because he wouldn't put the magazine down. He kept saying "my car book" and I would say, "no, that's Daddy's car book" so Jax would humble himself and ask permission to look at it. It was too cute.






1 comment:

Aubry said...

Haha Luis is pretty funny! Way too much information! Jax is so cute!