Monday, May 2, 2011

I don't abuse my child...

...although it sure sounded like it in the Wendy's bathroom today! It was so embarrassing. Jackson has a dryer-phobia. He is TERRIFIED of the hand air-dryers in public bathrooms. Don't ask me why. He FREAKS out whenever he sees one... lately however... the fear has escalated to not even wanting to enter a public restroom. I can tell when he needs to go potty and we were eating lunch at Wendy's today and he started bouncing in his seat and shaking his legs... yeah, that's when we run to the potty. Well, I said "Jackson, let's go potty." and he started yelling and crying and screaming like he was dying. I had to drag him into the bathroom, physically put him on the toilet for him to go. He was screaming the whole time and kicking and punching and whatever else he could do to keep me away. Then when he was done he refused to leave the stall. he was almost hugging the toilet as I was trying to pull him out. I again, had to carry him out, screaming the whole way. Of course, I imagined everyone in Wendy's could hear my son... and yup, according to Silvia, they all had! It was horrible. We concluded that everyone probably thought I was beating/abusing him in some way. Sure hope he gets over this quick, but not likely since he's been afraid for MONTHS!

No comments: