Monday, May 16, 2011

GIRL'S NIGHT!

Ok, there is a story behind this girl's night. And first let me say... if you don't have girl's night, ladies... start doing it! I FIRMLY believe that every woman/mom/wife needs a break! Even if it's just once a month or something. Usually we just get together for dinner or a movie or something cheap. Well, on one of those occasions we all started reminiscing about tv shows we grew up with! you know... Family Matters, Full House, Step by Step, Growing Pains... and of course, Saved by the Bell! So we thought it would be really fun to get together and watch some of those old shows! So we decided to have an 80s themed Saved by the Bell marathon!!! We all dressed in our best 80s outfits... mine accomplished by raiding Silvia's closet... yes, those are her blue leggings and denim jacket! I had to look up what 80s fashion was like... afterall, I was only 4 years old in the 80s. Mom told me I should tease my hair, I still don't fully understand how that works :) I settled for the easy half-ponytail, classic! Blue eye shadow, big jewelry, mini skirt... all these things I learned through my 15 minutes of research are pure 80s! So, this is what I put together... oh yes, and who can forget the vest??? Again, compliments of Silvia :)


And here is a picture of all the girls! Thank goodness I am wearing leggings beneath that mini... :) I obviously missed the part that the 80s was very pink. Lesson learned!


Bottom line... so much fun hanging out with my friends and laughing and not worrying about kids... thanks to a husband that handles them so I can take it easy!

2 comments:

Aubry said...

Looks like you had fun dressing up!

Izzy and MJ said...

Umm..... Saved by the Bell was the 90s. It started in 89 :( Actually........ most of those shows were 90s. Now you have to have a REAL 80s TV marathon... and I do't think you're going to like it.