Monday, May 2, 2011

This one's for you, Alan!

I'm posting a lot today, I'm just in that mood! And some days there just isn't anything to say!

I just had to do a post about this! I've mentioned before that Jackson remembers Liz and Alan from the few times they have visited. Well, just as a background, whenever any of us come home, Xela, the little inside dog, hears the gate open and runs to the garage door and sniffs and whines until we come in. So, the other day, Jackson was eating lunch at the kitchen table and Xela thinks she hears the gate open (no one was really coming home) and runs to the door like usual. No doorbell, no car door slam, nothing... but Jax sees Xela run and he yells out "Alan! It's Alan! Alan is coming!" I cracked up! So hilarious... I just thought, where did that come from??? I haven't even told Jax that Liz is considering coming to visit soon. He just pulled that out of nowhere! Poor thing was so excited and I had to let him down by telling him it wasn't Alan coming home! So, Alan, if Liz comes to visit soon... you better come too!

1 comment:

Liz Ricker said...

What a tease!!! I bet it's because I talked to him on the phone the other day and we talked about cars, Land Before Time, Little foot, Spike, petrie, and something that sounded like "ring of fire..." Anyhow--I think we bonded. So, naturally, I told him how Alan misses him too, and that we would come play with him sometime... OF course, he Would only remember Alan from that conversation:) We'll do our best to come. Promise. Keep the posts comin!