Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sewing adventure

When I say Sewing adventure, I'm sure you automatically assumed I had done the sewing... I did about one minute of sewing, if that, before my mental breakdown caused Silvia to lovingly intervene. Actually, I begged her to do it for me. I like the idea of sewing, but when it actually comes down to it, it is way to stressful! I have such a fear of messing up. A few months ago bought 3 pairs of pants and hemmed them all and even fixed a hole in one of them... It turned out ok, but not impressive. I also now can sew on buttons... again, not an impressive task, but for me it's a big deal! I bought this dress online and when I got it, it was of course, a little short on the bottom. Kinda cutting it close. So, I bought some matching fabric and Silvia and I sewed a rim around the bottom and put a triangle at the neckline so I won't need to wear a shirt underneath. What do you think? I think it turned out really cute. All I really did was iron the gray fabric pieces and pin it together. Silvia did all the real work. I love the dress so much I was just way to stressed that I was going to mess it up. And the fabric is so fragile (don't know the right word...) That there really wouldn't be any fixing it!


Jake and Jax both love putting on anyones shoes, but especially my high heals. I finally had my camera around when they were doing it! The pic with Jackson's tummy showing is just too funny!

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Very cute dress! Sewing is not hard. I feel like a failure mom because I didn't teach you guys to sew. I'm going to try to do that same thing to a skirt I bought.